October 15, 2011

Thank You…


To my husband for so many things.
For:

Owen
And Cooper
For the lanterns you put up in their nursery
For taking the middle of the night shift when I’m too tired
For making me laugh
For that night in Puerta Vallarta where I tried to drink you under the table…and I ended up under the table.
For your silly made-up songs
For your goofy dancing skills
For telling me you love me…every day
For supporting me and always me…first
For the diamond ring you worked so hard to buy me
For the paint, blood, sweat and tears you put into our home and yard
For the night that you took me ice skating and asked me to marry you
For helping me till all hours of the night…any time I have a big something to do
For telling me that you loved our children spending every day with me while I was on leave
For reading our blog
For helping me proof my posts whenever I ask
For boogey boarding with me on the beach in the Dominican.
For not calling me a chicken when I thought we were going to die in our kayak in the Domincan
For answering my stupid sports questions that I ask EVERY time we watch football
For your love of cookies
For loving to help pick out clothes for the boys
For late night conversations...the ones where we laugh till we cry
For late night conversations...the ones where I cry till I laugh
For being such a big part of our kids lives
For sending me links to songs in my email
For that Yahtzee game on the condo deck at the lake
For your black leather jacket and Tommy Hilfiger sweatshirts…the ones that made me swoon in high school
For how smart you are...and you don't even know it
For building me a scrapbook table
For watching the Notebook with me
For liking movies in general and being willing to give lots of them a try
For your great big bear hugs
For helping me cook
For being honest
For always trying to be fair
For your kind heart
For the family we’re building
For the things that only you and I know
For everything I’ve mentioned here and all that’s in-between

Happy Anniversary.  Here is to 6 amazing years of marriage…and so many more to look forward to.

1 comment:

Hannah Allison said...

Well this just brought a smile and a tear...Happy anniversary to a couple whom I love and admire :-)